Guwahati Municipal Corporation
Birth & Death Certification
1) Format of the Application form
Application Forms are available at the office of the Registrar Birth & Death, GMC Health Branch, Fancy Bazar GMC Market Building. Sample copies of application forms are available at Download Application section in the website.
2) Documents required to be submitted along with the application :
- For Birth : Report of Birth from Registered Medical Practitioner/ Hospital.
- For Death : Sample copy of death report from hospital or home is available in the download application forms section in the website.
- Permission from District Magistrate in Case of Delayed Birth/ Death Registration more than 1 year.
3) Fees for issuing a certificate (Birth / Death)
- Nil – In case of registration done within 21 days of birth / death
- Rs. 2 – More than 21 days but less than 30 days of birth / death
- Rs. 5 – More than 30 days of birth / death
4) How to get a duplicate certificate in case of loss or tempering and associated charges if any?
- Application for duplicate certificate in case of loss is to be addressed to the Registrar Birth & Death, GMC along with fee payment of
Rs. 2 /- , an affidavit of the loss of certificate and a copy of the birth / death certificate if available with the applicant.
- Application for correction in the certificate is to be addressed to the Registrar Birth & Death, GMC along with fee payment of Rs. 2 /- ,
an affidavit on the correction of the certificate and a copy of the birth / death certificate.